Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Recap & Friend Makin Monday


This weekend blew by!  Since I work 2nd shift, I don’t usually get home until around 10:45 PM.  This last Friday our son was having a sleep over at his friends, so I didn’t need to rush home.

 I couldn’t have rushed anyways – both Thursday & Friday night I did the “Biggest Loser Cardio Max” workout.  I was sore when I woke up Friday morning, and continued to stay sore.  So, by the time I did it again on Friday, and then sat down for awhile, it’s an understatement to say that I was hurtin’. 

I stopped by Walgreens (shocker) and picked up my little Gizmo (shih tzu) his favorite treats – dried chicken breasts.   I also scored a package of Starbucks ground coffee for only $4.75 (that’s half off) and picked up a few snacks for Jason, since he had the whole night of work in front of him.  I stopped by his work, gave him his goodies, and got home about Midnight.  I snuggled up, and fell asleep soon after I was home.

Saturday was a busy day, just doing regular stuff like Laundry, grocery shopping, and clean up around the house.  Jason also made a big pot of chili, which was perfect for the chilly fall day. 
 
 
I did sneak in a quick run to Goodwill since they were having their 50% off day.  I ended up scoring a nice leather purse for $4.00 – imagine my surprise when I noticed it’s a Prada.  I’m no name brand snob, but even I was impressed (ha ha ha)! 




Sunday we celebrated my Mother In Law’s 73rd birthday.  We found a beautiful orchid for her – it’s about 3 ½ feet tall, and it’s loaded with flowers that are a brick red & yellow color.  She loved it as much as we loved giving it to her.  Her special request for the day was crepes, and that is exactly what she got.  Crepes, fresh fruit, bacon, eggs.  It was all delicious – my husband cooked.  He was previously a chef, and he just has a knack for making food delicious.  I didn’t go too overboard, but I did enjoy all of the above and a bloody mary.  J





Now, for FMM: 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

 

First Date Questions

1. Share the details of your dream date. Right now, I’d love to go up into the mountains and see the beautiful colors of all the trees.  Take a nice hike, stop & have a picnic, and soak in some of the magic that is in the mountains.  Then, go home, relax, get cleaned up, and be taken out for sushi.

2. Do you tend to make the first move when you want to kiss someone, or do you prefer that someone else does it?  Though I’m married, when I reflect on how I’d want things to go if I wasn’t, I’d prefer that THEY make the first move.  With my husband, I don’t give it any thought; when I want a kiss I take it! J

3. Sex on the first date: Yes or no? It just depends what you’re after…if you want a hookup, then so be it.  If you like the person and hope that they like you too, and you’d like to have more dates, etc, then it’s best to say NO.  You’re worth waiting for, and it also builds the excitement for both of you rather than just smashing and dealing with feelings of regret, etc.

4. Share the details of the worst date ever. I went on a blind date.  The entire time he kept bringing up his “best friend”, who it turned out was a female stripper.  While we were eating, he stopped the waitress & asked her to prepare a “To-Go” meal.  I didn’t even have to ask why – he promptly let me know that it was his best friends favorite meal & she’d be expecting him to bring it to her to tell her all about our date.  (Ooooh Lord, LOL). 

5. What is your biggest turn-off on a first date? I think someone paying attention to their phone the whole date, texting, checking Facebook, etc.  Otherwise, see the answer to the question above! :P

6. Are you a dog person, a cat person or neither? I really love both.  My Gizmo gives me the best of both; he’s loyal, fun, doesn’t shed, sleeps all the time, and hilarious.

7. Do you like spontaneity or routine? I am a creature of habit, and definitely find comfort in routines.  With that said, I do get bored and occasionally like to do things at a moments notice when I have the free time.

8. What matters more to you – how much money your partner makes or how much they love their job? Money is important to me, but more so is my husband.  His happiness means more to me than him being miserable and stressed out because of work.

9. Friends first? Yes or no? Some situations allow for friends first, and that’s great.  Other times, the chemistry is right there and there’s no friends first about it.

10. How do you know if someone is interested in you? They’d have to about beat me over the head basically, because I’m not looking for anyone’s interest so I’d be oblivious to it.

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and say hi to someone new! Happy Monday, friends!

 

2 comments:

  1. popped on over from FMM-hilarious horrible first date experience! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete