Monday, October 21, 2013

Update & FMM

When I went to post this, I realized I haven't posted since last Monday....  Sorry!  It's been an unusually rough week with Sinus infections running rampant in our house...and other reasons I may blog about later. 
 
Side note, this is my sister's birthday.  We skyped so I could watch her open her gifts that I shipped her.  I love her and miss her terribly.  I couldn't help but cry a little watching her through the camera...the first birthday of her's that I haven't been there for...in decades. 
I do want my sister to be happy and have life experiences, and I want to be supportive..but there are times I feel like I would give nearly anything for her to be back. 
My sister...my garage sale buddy, my pamper night friend, my shoulder to cry on, the one person who can give me advice that doesn't make me want to backhand the giver.  (grin)  she was always 2 minutes away and now she's over 20 hours away, and sometimes that distance hits me more than others.  Today was one of those days.

 
For now, here's another Friend Makin Monday (Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?)

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

1. What is your favorite thing about Fall?  The beautiful colors the leaves turn, the crisp air, the opening of the Pumpkin patches.

2. It’s not Fall until…The leaves are crunching under my feet, and I’m craving a pumpkin coffee J

3. Apple cider or hot chocolate? I like both, will usually go with hot chocolate if I want a treat, because Celestial Seasonings makes a GREAT apple tea that is about 0 calories J

4. Share a happy Fall memory. Get-togethers outdoors, with a fire going, football, hikes, and good company.

5. Do you have any hobbies that are seasonally specific? If so, what are they? I definitely tend to be more crafty in the colder weather.  Being “forced” to be inside does that to me.  I am getting ready to start sewing some blankets with some adorable winter flannel fabric I picked up at the day-after-thanksgiving-sale at JoAnns.com

6. What do you miss most about Summer now that it’s officially over? The DAYLIGHT!!! I love the longer days.

7. Do you prefer pumpkin pie or pecan pie? Easy!  Pecan for sure!

8. Do you suffer from allergies? Some here and there but I never know what is setting it off – mostly in spring.

9. How do you celebrate Halloween? Yes, I “celebrate” by taking our son Trick-Or-Treating, decorating the house (we love window clings J ), making snacks, and I always go to the school to be there for the Halloween parade & class celebration.

10. What is the biggest change that you expect to experience during this season? My son joined wrestling & starting now has practice 2x a week & meets on Saturdays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment