Monday, September 16, 2013

It's the little things....

*Note: This was originally posted on AUGUST 6th, 2013 on my old blog..added for historic purposes*

Last night I was sitting down relaxing before bedtime.  It was a long day at work, and I was vegging out.  Since it's summer, the AC is on and there was a fan blowing directly on me. 
All the sudden I realized I was cold. I got up to grab a blanket and made a pit stop in the restroom. I noticed my robe hanging there on the back of the door, and thought it sounded nice and cozy.


That robe means a lot to me..it was the robe I bought last December when I was about 35 pounds into my weight loss; the FIRST adult robe I’d ever had that I could comfortably fit all the way around me. It is an XXL (I believe Mossimo brand, from Target). Without much further thought, I put it on.


OH MY GOD!


I could have rolled on the floor dying…I was swimming in it!!! Rather than it “just fitting”, I would estimate I had an extra 8 to 9 inches worth of fabric to cuddle around me..


It couldn’t have come at a better time either. Lately I’d hit a lull of discouragement. That robe made me realize that small losses will continue to add up, and weeks with no loss but maintaining pay off too. I got so excited I made a post to document it on my Fit, Fierce & Fabulous group on Facebook.


Have you ever gone to put on some clothing and found that it had gotten too big? What was it? Was it sheer joy or bittersweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment