Monday, September 30, 2013

Cyber Support to the Rescue!

I had to do a follow up post because I was looking through a weight loss blog I love, called Honey I Shrunk the Gretchen.  I found this post in her “Best Of” and it made me feel  SO Much Better. 
 
If you haven’t read it, it speaks of (in summary) habits of the past still lingering within her mind.  There’s this one part where Gretchen said:
Food still holds power over me. Whether or not I actually end up giving into that power is a different story, and more often than not is evidence of my growth and healing. But the fact that it still affects me to such a degree is a major sign that I’m not nearly as free as I like to think.”

I read this along with the rest of the post, and felt understood and comforted.
 
I’d just like to say, again, how much I love cyber support.  I have gained so much strength and support from perfect strangers that are willing to put themselves out there and share their story. 
 
That’s why I’m here too.  
 
On a brighter note, my girlfriend wanted to test out her new camera before doing a photo shoot for some paying clients, and I quickly volunteered my son J  Per her idea, she thought a mini shoot of him and I would be nice.
 
Though these are a couple months old, and I’ve lost more weight since then, here are a couple she provided to me via Facebook.
 
 (Side note:  Have you read So you’re feeling too fat to be photographed…  it’s outrageously awesome. 
As soon as I saw these pictures I could see that my gut was ALMOST hanging out below my shirt, and I can see weird arm fat action on the picture of us up in the barn, but, I immediately went to the comfort of that article!!! J) 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment